For this action sequence comprising an escape from a moored houseboat using a rowing dinghy, we were brought onboard to provide picture boat management, action coordination and safety services.
Working within the Port of London Authority’s jurisdiction, we provided a range of hero boat options to suit the art brief, and ensured that the selected option was compliant with the technical specification for use within the Port. Working closely with the Port Authority Marine Surveyors, we achieved sign-off within an expedited timeframe. We additionally designed an underwater rigging system to achieve the scripted hero boat action, and in collaboration with the stunt coordinator (Paul Kennington) we ensured that the stunt sequence was executed on location in a safe and repeatable way.
- Assistance with facilitating a Port of London (PLA) filming licence for the sequence
- RAMS, safety monitoring and PLA-licenced safety boats for prep/shoot/strike
- Tidal modelling to establish tidal window for shooting the stunt sequence on location
- Hero boat management and marine rigging services
- Marine action coordination
- Film crew PPE for pontoon and boat work
- Hidden cast PPE for use under costume